How To Pick The Best Tiles For Bathroom Transformation
Choosing the best tile for your bathroom can be a little bit challenging. There are factors to consider before one can choose a perfect tile to transform a bathroom. Although tile is the most suitable material for designing a bathroom, we are going to consider some factors later.
In Sydney today, the only tile pattern that has taken the top position in covering walls and floors in the bathroom is the herringbone tile pattern. Apart from the fact that tiles are durable and waterproof, the installation process of herringbone tile also adds to the bathroom that seems to be narrow. Therefore, herringbone tile is considered the most perfect material for protecting the walls and floors of your bathroom from dirt and moisture. Click here to read more about herringbone tiles.
One can also use herringbone tile creatively in a bathroom. How do I mean? Tiles that can be used to create herringbone tile pattern varies in colors, materials, and sizes. So, one can choose to use tiles of different colors to create a stunning look of herringbone tile in a bathroom.
Why do you need herringbone tile in your bathroom?
Generally, using tile to cover walls and floors in a bathroom has been an excellent choice for decades because tiles are durable. Tiles on the walls and floor of a bathroom can last for years. Unlike other building materials that quickly lose their originality and go out of date, herringbone tile is quite different. The herringbone tile pattern is the only tiling style that has been in vogue for centuries, even right from its inception.
Also, tile is a perfect material for the bathroom because it resists water. The ability to resist water is one of the advantages of installing tile in your bathroom. Let’s talk about herringbone tile here. Preferably, herringbone tile is the most used of all patterns of tile in a bathroom because the way it is being installed is quite different from others. To lay herringbone tile in a bathroom, the process must start from locating the center point of the toilet, then lay the first tile at a 45-degree angle before continuing laying other tiles on it. With that said, herringbone tiles are laid so close to each other in the sense that water cannot penetrate them.
Also, using tiles that are shining in nature will be a good choice for a bathroom. A bathroom needs tiles that will lighten up its space. Therefore, one can choose to use white tiles, black tile combined with white or red tiles, and another tile pattern.
Types of tiles that one can use to create herringbone tile for bathroom
- Ceramic: Ceramic tile is affordable for herringbone patterns because it is straightforward to install. They are always available in a wide range of colorful glazes and painted designs. Ceramic tile is white and glossy.
- Porcelain: This unique tile is denser and more durable than ceramic tile. However, it is more expensive than ceramic tile. In Sydney, people prefer to use porcelain tile to make herringbone tile pattern because of its waterproofness and slip resistance. This fantastic tile is also available in a wide variety of bright colors that can make your bathroom look stunning. Porcelain tile is hard to cut because of its density, so it is not the best choice if you want to install herringbone tile in your bathroom yourself. Therefore, it is expedient for you to employ a professional to help you out.
- Natural stone: Natural stones for herringbone tile in a bathroom are materials crafted from natural resources. They are beautiful for walls and floors in a bathroom with an organic look that is perfect if you want to avoid tile with a more polished finish. However, stone tile can be made from slate, travertine, granite, marble, and limestone.
How to choose the right bathroom size tile
Choosing the right size of tiles for the bathroom using herringbone tiles pattern plays a significant role in the overall performance of your bathroom. Typically, it is advisable to use medium-size tiles on the floor if your bathroom is not that big. But if you choose to use tiles with smaller sizes, it will mean more grout lines, which can make your bathroom look smaller. Let me chip in this; if you want to install herringbone tile made from natural stone like marble in a bathroom, the larger tiles will display their textures best, uplifting a luxurious look. Therefore, tiles of smaller size are the most suitable tiles for your bathroom because they tend to be much easier to replace if the tile gets cracked. Visit http://forwardfurniture.net/how-to-do-herringbone-tiling-layout/ to read about How To Do Herringbone Tiling Layout.
Tips on how to choose the color of tiles for your bathroom
No one can dictate the color you should use in your bathroom for you. The choice of colors of tiles for your bathroom is yours. With that said, here are few tips you can hold at the back of your mind:
- If your bathroom is small, it is expedient to consider light colors like pastels and neutral. I suggested this color because they are subtle. Their subtleness will make your bathroom look larger and brighter.
- If you have ample space in the bathroom, you can do away with dark colors of tile. You will need colors like navy blue and deep brown to make your bathroom look stunning.
- I have seen people using dark floor tile combined with the light wall tile to create something different and unique in their bathrooms. You can try this as well.
- Also, Accent smaller surfaces with surprise bangs of color will make a significant impact. Shower ceilings and vanity backsplashes can be brought to life with energetic, detailed mosaic patterns or saturated hues and are small enough not to overwhelm the rest of the space.
Therefore, the choice is yours in giving your bathroom a nice look. Our research is to provide a complete guide on how you can make your bathroom a place of comfort. Of course, we would like to ask, have we done justice to that?